FOUR BACKPACK TIPS TO HELP WITH PROPER POSTURE AND AVOIDING INJURIES
1. PACK IT
– Place the heaviest item so that it is closest to your back.
– Your backpack should not weigh more than 10% of your bodyweight!
2. WEAR IT RIGHT
– Be sure to utilize all of the straps on the backpack. You should never have it hanging off of one shoulder.
– You should feel snug and secure when it is worn properly
3. PLAN YOUR DAY
– Pack only what you need in your backpack
– Look at the school schedule and plan when to take trips to load and unload at your locker
4. PAY ATTENTION TO THE SIGNS
Red marks on top of the shoulders means it is way too heavy – lighten up!
– If your hands are falling asleep – lighten up! – If you are getting back or neck pain – lighten up!
Continuous stress of your back could affect your child’s overall health. Longterm, this can contribute to many silent chronic conditions, it can even affect their performance at school. Listen if your child complains of neck, upper back, lower back, hip or knee pain due to an overweight backpack.Talk to your Doctor today to get your child checked!
Trackback from your site.
- Rosalidia Dubon