ESSENTIAL OILS FOR A HEALTHY AND HAPPY HOME
Essential oils transcend various cultures and have a variety of uses in relation to health, beauty, and cleaning. These natural oils undergo extraction from natural plant material like flowers, barks, peels, roots, resins, and leaves. They have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory components that make them appropriate for medicinal use.
What Are The Uses Of Essential oils?
Essential oils have quite a wide array of uses. The following are some of the ways that essential oils prove to be handy in normal life chores and functions.
- Used as home cleaning components- Some essential oils contain compounds that prove to be handy in relation to disinfecting items in the house. For example, tea tree oil and lemon oil are very handy for bacterial removal in the house. Mixing coconut oil with eucalyptus oil, lemongrass oil or citronella oil could act as a natural form of bug repellant.
- Used as a relaxation component in spas- essential oils are mainly known for their calming effect that induces relaxation. Most spas are currently exploring this effect by using it on their clients to improve various aspects of their lives such as relieving tension (lavender oil), improving sleep (lavender oil), detox (mixing Epsom salts, and lavender oil to the bath water), and creating homemade lip balm (mixing lavender oil, coconut oil, and beeswax).
- Used for skin and beauty therapy- These oils naturally treat the skin against breakouts, blemishes, and skin conditions. Currently, most beauty products tend to have high chemical content in comparison to essential oils. Use as a face wash (mix tea tree oil and honey), face scrub (mix almond oil with sugar), deodorant (clove oil or cedar wood mixed with beeswax and coconut oil), and toothpaste and breath freshener (peppermint oil with sea salt coconut oil, baking soda, and xylitol).
- Used as medical treatment components- Before the discovery of prescription drugs, essential oils were used by our ancestors to cure normal health ailments and conditions. Essential oils help alleviate migraines (mix lavender oil and peppermint oil), healing burns (mix aloe vera and lavender oil), treating coughs (eucalyptus oil), asthma (mix eucalyptus, coconut oil, and peppermint), and eczema (lavender oil).
Safety Measures While Using Essential oils
- Avoid contact with sensitive areas of the body such as eyes, ears, nose and private parts. This is because these oils are concentrated. If you aim to use them in a sensitive part of the body, it would be in your best interest to dilute them.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight after use. Some of these oils, such as citrus oils, react when exposed to sunlight. They may cause irritation to the application area.
- It is advisable to seek medical direction if you are using prescription drugs. Only a medical professional should be giving you advice when it comes to the interaction of essential oils with prescription drugs.
Trackback from your site.
- Rosalidia Dubon